Carrie Underwood Donates Concert Proceeds to Atlantic City (Video)
"I wouldn't feel right making money off tonight's show," said the "American Idol" season four winner.
In a truly classy move, Carrie Underwood announced that she will donate all of the proceeds from her Friday night tour stop in Atlantic City to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in the Garden State.
“We’re so glad to be here, and even more glad to be here this evening,” the American Idol Season four winner told the audience at Boardwalk Hall, according to the Press of Atlantic City. “You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on. We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason."
Underwood, who has been donating $1 of every ticket sold to Red Cross efforts since September, was so overwhelmed by the devastation from last week's hurricane, that she affirmed that she would put her profits "right back into the community here."
“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” said the 29-year old Oklahoma native.
After the concert, Underwood's thoughts were still with the shore, and she took to Twitter to offer more words of support.
"Thank you beautiful Atlantic City! You all made my year! You have been through so much and still rocked the house! I leave in awe! Thanks!" she tweeted.
Watch a video of Underwood performing "Temporary Home," along with a powerful speech about how she and her band are committed to giving back on the "Blown Away" tour, below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding