Carrie Underwood Donates Concert Proceeds to Atlantic City (Video)
"I wouldn't feel right making money off tonight's show," said the "American Idol" season four winner.
In a truly classy move, Carrie Underwood announced that she will donate all of the proceeds from her Friday night tour stop in Atlantic City to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in the Garden State.
“We’re so glad to be here, and even more glad to be here this evening,” the American Idol Season four winner told the audience at Boardwalk Hall, according to the Press of Atlantic City. “You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on. We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason."
Underwood, who has been donating $1 of every ticket sold to Red Cross efforts since September, was so overwhelmed by the devastation from last week's hurricane, that she affirmed that she would put her profits "right back into the community here."
“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” said the 29-year old Oklahoma native.
After the concert, Underwood's thoughts were still with the shore, and she took to Twitter to offer more words of support.
"Thank you beautiful Atlantic City! You all made my year! You have been through so much and still rocked the house! I leave in awe! Thanks!" she tweeted.
Watch a video of Underwood performing "Temporary Home," along with a powerful speech about how she and her band are committed to giving back on the "Blown Away" tour, below.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!